We love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in our house. So these Reindeer Cookies (which are a play on Monster Cookies for the holidays) are even better since you add holiday M&M's to the mix as well as oatmeal and chocolate chips. Yum!
The cookies are perfect for a cookie exchange, a holiday party, on a plate for Santa on Christmas Eve, or to enjoy just because! They're easy to make, so you can have your kids join you in the kitchen - just don't be surprised if a few M&M's disappear along the way.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ cups quick oats
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup red and green m&ms
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, corn starch, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually, mixing in between each addition.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and m&ms.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on the parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are starting to brown.