Hi, and welcome to “Cents”able Momma. My name is Corrie, and I am married to a wonderful husband and stay at home with 2 rambunctious, but fun boys (13 and 10).
My husband and I knew that we wanted me to stay at home with our kids when they were born, so we took steps to plan for it (such as buying a home we could afford on one income, beefing up our emergency fund, and paying off $35,000 in student loan debt) before our kids were born.
However, it was still a rough transition for our budget when we lost half our household income after my oldest son was born. I've always been a “frugal” person, but now I needed to save even more on our variable expenses like groceries and toiletries
So, I learned all I could about how to save with coupons and became fanatical about building our stockpile of groceries and toiletries. Plus, I figured out ways to get great deals in order to help stretch our gift budgets.
I love to share the money-saving tips and tricks that I've learned as well as coupons, great deals, and freebies. Plus, I love to read, so it's a passion of mine to find FREE Kindle books – usually I'll post at least one Kindle freebie each day.
Some random facts about me:
- I was born in Canada, but I'm a U.S citizen now (and have lived here almost my entire life).
- I played soccer for 16 years (including college).
- I have also lived in Belgium (for a summer) and Germany (for 8 months) while doing internships during college.
- I used to speak German (when I lived there…I'm sure I've forgotten it all by now!)
- I am a former financial analyst and tax pro. I love reading and thinking about personal finances.
- I love to read and usually read a couple of books per week.
- I don't really enjoy cooking (but I do it because I have to). I do like to bake, though.
I love to hear from my readers, so please feel free to contact me.