Before we moved away from Michigan, I used to get together with a group of friends for a cookie exchange. We would each make multiple dozens of our cookie and then get together to exchange our cookies. We had a fun night of fellowship with each other, and we came home with a large variety of cookies for the holidays.
If you're baking for the holidays, I thought I'd share my all-time favorite cookie to make - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I make them for every school function where I need to bring a dish, and I always get compliments and requests for the recipe.
- ½ cup Shortening
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 ½ cups Oatmeal
- 1 pkg. Mini Chocolate Chips (or 2 cups of any Chocolate Chips)
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Add sugar, egg, and vanilla; beat.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, rolled oats, and chocolate chips.
- Add spoonfuls of dough to an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake at 350 for 10 to 11 minutes.