When the weather starts to cool off for fall, and the orchards are heavy-laden with apples ready to be picked, it’s the perfect time to think about making apple desserts. I love to stick with the classics like this Old Fashioned Apple Crisp recipe. My husband loves the mix of crunchy crisp with the baked apples and spices, and I love that it’s easy to make.
Just add ice cream and a bit of caramel sauce, and you have a perfect dessert for fall!
- 6 Apples
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ cup Butter, cold
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Layer apples into baking dish.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add in vanilla and cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork.
- Work until mixture forms large crumbs.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until topping is browned and apples are soft.
Additional Dessert Recipes: