One of the things that I love the most about the holidays is the abundance of desserts. We love the traditional desserts like apple and pumpkin pie, but I also love it when there's a pie that's a little unexpected - like this Chocolate Blueberry Pie recipe. Everything is better with chocolate - especially when you add fruit to it.
You can also make the bottom layer vanilla cream. Just remove the melted chocolate and add another egg yolk.
Chocolate Blueberry Pie Recipe
With a blend of chocolate and blueberries, this Chocolate Blueberry pie recipe is sure to impress. It would be perfect for a holiday dessert, when you have leftover blueberries during the summer picking season, or just because...
- 1 Pie crust
- 1 Cup milk
- ¼ Cup heavy cream
- 1 Yolk
- ½ Cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 Cups blueberries
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tsps cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar. Stir and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolk. Add 1 Tablespoon of the milk mix to the yolk and whip it up. Repeat the process 5 more times to temper the egg and pour it into the saucepan with the melted chocolate.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until it thickens and remove from heat.
- Pour the chocolate cream into the pie crust.
- In another bowl coat the blueberries with the brown sugar and the cinnamon. Place on top of the chocolate cream and take the pie to the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Serve and enjoy.
Additional Recipes You Might Like:
Leave a Reply