One of the things that I love the most about the holidays is the abundance of desserts. We love the traditional desserts like apple and pumpkin pie, but I also love it when there’s a pie that’s a little unexpected – like this Chocolate Blueberry Pie recipe. Everything is better with chocolate – especially when you add fruit to it.
You can also make the bottom layer vanilla cream. Just remove the melted chocolate and add another egg yolk.
- 1 Pie crust
- 1 Cup milk
- ¼ Cup heavy cream
- 1 Yolk
- ½ Cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Cups blueberries
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tsps cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar. Stir and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolk. Add 1 Tablespoon of the milk mix to the yolk and whip it up. Repeat the process 5 more times to temper the egg and pour it into the saucepan with the melted chocolate.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until it thickens and remove from heat.
- Pour the chocolate cream into the pie crust.
- In another bowl coat the blueberries with the brown sugar and the cinnamon. Place on top of the chocolate cream and take the pie to the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Serve and enjoy.
Additional Recipes You Might Like: