We love all things pumpkin in our house. And, this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream recipe combines the creamy goodness of ice cream with a hit of pumpkin and spices for a delicious treat.
You can eat it on its own or as a topping to pumpkin pie. It's a great dessert to have for your Thanksgiving dinner!
It's a no churn recipe, so you don't need to have an ice cream maker to whip up this recipe. It's so simple!
You pretty much just need heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk to make no churn ice cream. Just be sure to keep the ratio correct of about 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk to 2 cups heavy cream if you need to adjust the recipe.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1-10oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon PLUS 1 Tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream on medium-low speed for 4-10 minutes until frothy peaks form.
- Slowly add the condensed milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla into the whipped cream.
- Fold the ingredients together, being careful not to over mix.
- Add the spices, to taste, and then fold out into a lined loaf pan or cake pan.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon over the top and then run a knife in a zig-zag pattern for a nice effect.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap (or a lid), and freeze 5 hours or overnight.