As the weather begins to warm up, leaves begin to uncurl on trees after the winter, and the sound of birds singing greets you in the morning, it's a sign that spring is on its way! But with spring weather, I always get the urge for spring cleaning.
I want to open up my windows to let in fresh air after a winter of closed windows. And fresh air leads me to want to tackle projects and get my whole home clean and fresh.
With these 5 spring cleaning tips to tackle clutter and cleaning, you’ll be able to tackle your spring cleaning and get a jump on your summer festivities in no time!
- Use storage totes to organize your winter clothing. Storage totes are an awesome invention, why not take full advantage of them. They’re fairly cheap and able to hold a TON of miscellaneous stuff!
- Use a mesh bag to wash all of the kids toys. All you have to do is pop the toys into the bag, seal up the top with the drawstrings and toss the whole thing in the washer. This is an awesome option for smaller toys like legos or action figures.
- Lint rollers seem to be getting more expensive every month. If you have pets, use a dampened latex or rubber glove to wipe down your upholstery. The water and rubber mix will cling on the hair better than any lint brush can ever hope to do.
- A lot of people don’t know this but you can actually wash your pillows in the washing machine. Up until I learned about this, I just went and bought a new pillow every time it got that dingy kind of look. Down pillows are also washing machine safe – IF you use the delicate cycle and are sure that there’s no rips or tears in the pillow.
- Sharpen and clean your garbage disposal. We all know that very nasty smell that an over used disposal can produce. Using a mixture of ice, vinegar and lemon it’s never been easier to clean and sharpen at the same time. The ice is used to sharpen the blades, the vinegar cleans it, and the lemon helps with the odor.
Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore. It can be a fun process and even very beneficial. With these 5 spring cleaning tips, you’re well on your way to becoming a spring cleaning master!
What tip did you find most surprising? Do you have any tips that you use every year? Feel free to let me know down in the comments, and happy cleaning!
Additional Spring Cleaning Tips: