I thought it was just a fact of life that baking pans (or cookie sheets) eventually get covered in baked on black stuff, and there was basically nothing you could do about it (even with scrubbing with soap and water).
We even got rid of 2 baking pans before we moved because they were so bad that I didn't think they were worth packing up and moving.
However, this recipe works wonders on getting rid of the gunk with very little scrubbing.
My pan is only a couple of years old and not super bad. You can see that there's still a bit of stuff left on the edges, but it's much better than before!
- Dirty Baking Pan (or Cookie Sheet)
- 1/8 cup Hydrogen Peroxide
- 1/4 cup Baking Soda
- Aluminum Foil Square
- Mix the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda together into a paste and spread on the bottom of your pan. I couldn't get it to spread evenly, so I focused on the spots around the edges that were the worst.
- Leave the paste sitting on your pan for 30 minutes.
- Once your timer goes off, grab the square of aluminum foil, scrunch it up, and use it to scrub the dirty spots on the pan with the cleaning paste. You'll see the paste getting dirty as the gunk comes off.
- When you're finished, toss the cleaning paste in the trash and wash your pan with soap and water.
- You can repeat the process if you think it needs a bit more work.