No matter how hard I try to keep water from coming down on the water dispenser tray on my fridge, hard water stains continue to plague my tray. It looks like gunk stuck on the tray that will never go away even if I run it through the dishwasher.
But...here's an easy trick to clean the tray - vinegar! Just pour some distilled white vinegar into the grooves and let it sit for 5 minutes. After it had soaked, I dumped the vinegar into the sink and quickly used an old toothbrush to clean the gunk.
It came right off, and I rinsed the tray and let it air dry. All done!
If you have granite counters, be sure to try this on another surface, because you don't want to get vinegar on your granite since it is bad for the sealant.
- Old toothbrush
- Pour distilled white vinegar into the fridge water tray groove
- Let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Dump the vinegar into the sink
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub the gunk.
- Rinse the tray with water and let it air dry.
Additional Cleaning Posts You Might Like: