I love chocolate-covered strawberries, and this cute recipe made using Ghirardelli white chocolate and drizzled with spring-colored royal icing is perfect for Easter or a spring treat. They're easy to make and taste delicious!
To make the chocolate dipped strawberries, melt chocolate in a double broiler.
Dip the washed and dried strawberries into the chocolate
Place on a wax paper baking sheet and let them dry.
To drizzle the royal frosting, just put the different colored frosting into piping bags and use a #2 tip to drizzle over the top.
Once the first color has dried, add the second color and then the third color.
- 2 cups Ghirardelli White chocolate chips
- 1 carton of strawberries, washed and dried
- 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 - 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- Pink, purple and yellow gel colors
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler.
- Dip the washed and dried strawberries into the chocolate
- Place on a wax paper baking sheet.
- Let dry
- Combine all ingredients with a mixer.
- If icing is a yellow liquid, add additional powdered sugar and beat until stiff white peaks form.
- Separate into 3 bowls and add colors.
- Scoop colored frosting into 3 piping bags with #2 tips.
- Once chocolate coated strawberries are dried, drizzle the first color over the strawberries.
- Repeat with each of the colors
- Let dry for 30 minutes before eating.