This week, I have teamed up with Saving with Shellie, Bargains to Bounty, and Saving Dollars & Sense to host a Thrift Thanksgiving. We will each share some of our thrifty Thanksgiving recipes to help you save a little money this Thanksgiving.
Check out additional Thanksgiving craft and giving ideas.
This is another one of my mother-in-law's favorite Thanksgiving recipes. She actually makes it with squash, but she told me that you could make it with sweet potatoes too, if you prefer.
Sweet Potato or Squash bottom
- 3 - 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potato or squash
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or other nut)
- ⅓ stick butter or margarine
- Mix the bottom sweet potato or squash ingredients and put in a baking dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients and spread on top of the sweet potato or squash.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Or checkout more of my Thrifty Thanksgiving Recipes.