I love to create fun DIY gifts that are easy and not super expensive to hand out to friends (or teachers) that aren’t normally on my gift list. I don’t necessarily have the budget for a big gift, but I still want to give them something so they know that I’m thinking about them.
That’s why I love these Sugar Scrub Christmas Light DIY gifts. You can buy the Christmas Light ornaments at your local craft store (like Michaels or JoAnn’s) or you can order them from Amazon. You can also use peppermint essential oil or just peppermint extract if you already have it on hand. You might need to add a drop or two more of the extract since it’s not as concentrated as essential oils.
Here’s how to make them:
Separate the half cup of sugar into three bowls. Add green dye to one bowl, red dye to another bowl, and leave the third bowl white. Put one drop of peppermint in each bowl. Then add 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil to each bowl and stir well.
Using a small funnel put the sugar into the ornaments. For a decorative touch, tie on a ribbon and put it in a gift basket for a super cute homemade gift.
- 1 drop red food coloring gel
- 1 drop green food coloring gel
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Christmas light ornaments
- Separate the sugar into three bowls.
- Add green dye to one bowl. Add red dye to another bowl. Leave the one bowl white.
- Put one drop of peppermint to each bowl.
- Add ½ teaspoon coconut oil to each and stir well.
- Using a small funnel put the sugar into the ornaments.
- Tie on ribbon and put in a gift basket for the cutest homemade gift.