For some reason, when I think Valentine's desserts I think of strawberries and Red Velvet cake. This Strawberry Ricotta Parfait with Red Velvet Cookie Base recipe has both of these - making it perfect for Valentine's Day.
Strawberry Ricotta Parfait with Red Velvet Cookie Base Recipe
If you're looking for a fun treat for Valentine's Day (or an anytime dessert), create this delicious Strawberry Ricotta Parfait using a red velvet cookie base as well as ricotta and strawberries.
Red Velvet Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 C powdered sugar,
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 baskets fresh strawberries
- 1 container Ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Reddi wip whipping cream
- Parfait glasses
Red Velvet Cookie Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and powdered sugar in small bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the cake mix, melted butter and eggs. Make sure all ingredients are blended.
- Scoop the batter with a small ice cream scoop.
- Drop into powdered sugar. Roll into balls covered with powdered sugar.
- Place on a baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on baking sheet then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Break in crumbles. Set aside.
- Pull out one whole strawberry per parfait glass.
- With a knife make a cut half way up into the strawberry.
- Remove the stem from the remaining strawberries, quarter and place in a bowl with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
Building the parfait:
- First layer: Scoop the crumbles red velvet cookies in the bottom of the parfait glasses.
- Second layer: Spoon ricotta on top of the crumbled cookies.
- Third layer: Spread a layer of strawberries.
- For the fourth, fifth, and sixth layers repeat the first, second, and third layers.
- Top with a scoop of Reddi whip whipping cream.
- Place the strawberry on the side of the parfait glass.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply