My husband loves to eat oatmeal for breakfast. He grew up on it, so it's comfort food for him.
He loves it when I make this Strawberry Cheesecake Oatmeal recipe for him since it adds some extra flavor above and beyond his usual oats and milk. It's sweetened with maple syrup and vanilla and also contains cream cheese and milk for a rich flavor.
You can garnish your oatmeal with cinnamon, honey, and some extra cream cheese if desired.
- 2 Cups regular oats
- 2 Cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 Cups milk
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp light cream cheese
- Pour oats, milk, and vanilla extract into a saucepan.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes, stir well.
- Add light cream cheese, and maple syrup.
- Stir, and let it simmer until all liquid it’s absorbed.
- Divide the mixture into bowls, place the sliced strawberries on top and drizzle a bit of maple syrup on them.
- Serve and enjoy.