This red, white & blue patriotic fruit pizza is sure to be a hit at your next Memorial Day or Fourth of July party. It has a sweet sugar cookie crust, a cream cheese based frosting, and yummy red and blue fruit placed in a nice decorative pattern.
To create the cookie crust, cover a pizza pan with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray. Form the sugar cookie dough into a ball and press toward the edges of the pizza pan until you have an even layer. Bake at 350 for 14 minutes and let completely cool.
Once it’s cooled, carefully invert the cookie onto a large platter or plate and remove the foil. Turn the cookie back over.
Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixer to make the frosting. Spread it onto the crust in a thin even layer. Then, top the pizza with your favorite combination of fruit or berries, making a fun pattern. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 16.5 oz package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups of your favorite fruits (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries shown)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover a pizza pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Remove sugar cookie dough from refrigerator and (using your hands) form into a round ball.
- Place the dough in the center of the prepared pizza pan and begin pressing the dough outward towards the edges.
- Continue working the dough until there is an even layer covering the pizza pan.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until edges are a golden brown. It’s very important to allow the dough to completely cool before moving on to the next step.
- Once cooled, invert the cookie dough onto a large plate or platter.
- Slowly remove the foil –being careful not to crack the crust.
- Once the foil is removed, turn the crust over on the plate or platter.
- To make the frosting, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a mixer.
- Beat until well blended, then spread onto crust in a thin even layer.
- Top the pizza with your favorite combination of fruit or berries
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.