I love barbequed meat...and I especially love pulled meat with barbeque sauce. With this Pulled Chicken recipe, you can quickly poach chicken on the stove and create your own homemade barbeque sauce for a yummy dinner of Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Sweet Onion Barbeque Sauce. It's a dinner your whole family is sure to love!
If you prefer, you can always cook the chicken in your slow cooker for several hours and add the homemade barbecue sauce at the end.
- 2 large Organic Chicken Breasts (or regular)
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Lemon
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar (go for 1 cup if you are in the mood for something really sweet)
- ½ teaspoon Ground Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 5 Basil Leaves
- ½ cup Onion
- Boil 2 inches water in large pan.
- Add 2 large organic chicken breasts.
- Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated.
- Turn heat on medium to low.
- Brown and remove.
- Let cool. (Please note: poaching 2 large breasts of chicken will take approximately 20 minutes.)
- Pull chicken apart into small pieces with your fingers.
- Slice lemon in half.
- Dice onion into small pieces.
- Pick 5 basil leaves. Rinse. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In a medium pot add water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, lemon, brown sugar, ground mustard, onion powder, cinnamon, basil leaves, and onion. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil. Continue to stir on medium heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add pulled chicken to pot. Stir well.
- Place on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes while stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Using your choice of bread, (we use Hawaiian buns here), spoon sauce-covered pulled chicken onto the buns.