I love drinking hot chocolate to warm up on a cold day, and it's super fun to switch my normal hot chocolate up a bit by adding white chocolate and peppermint.
- 4 cups of milk, your choice
- 8 oz. white chocolate, chopped (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, crushed peppermints, marshmallows
- Stir the milk and white chocolate together in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a simmer and the chocolate is melted. Do not let it come to a boil or let the chocolate burn on the bottom.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Serve warm with additional toppings as desired.