We love to make fun food for each of the holidays. There are tons of Halloween recipes for treats, but I haven't found that many for a Halloween dinner-type food.
In the past we've picked up a Jack O'Lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's, but these Mummy Pizzas are a great Halloween dinner or snack that you can get the kids involved in creating. It would also work great as both a Halloween party activity and snack since each child could make their own mummy pizzas.
They're really easy to put together. Just take each of the biscuits in a roll and flatten them into a circle. Add pizza sauce, 2 black olives (for eyes), and long thin slices of string cheese. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the biscuit is golden brown. Yum!
- 1 can of biscuits (8 count)
- 1 14 oz. jar of pizza sauce
- 16 sliced black olives
- 8 mozzarella sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Open the can of biscuits and place one onto a large baking sheet.
- Using your hands, press the biscuit into a flat circle. Repeat this process with the remainder of biscuits.
- Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of pizza sauce onto each flat circle of biscuit dough.
- Add two sliced black olives to each pizza near the top center to create mummy eyes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a mozzarella stick into long, thin slices – varying in length and size. You could also simply pull the string cheese apart for a “stringier” look. Use one mozzarella stick per pizza.
- Once each mummy pizza has all toppings, place them into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.