We love to make fun food for each of the holidays. There are tons of Halloween recipes for treats, but I haven't found that many for a Halloween dinner-type food.
In the past we've picked up a Jack O'Lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's, but these Mummy Pizzas are a great Halloween dinner or snack that you can get the kids involved in creating. It would also work great as both a Halloween party activity and snack since each child could make their own mummy pizzas.
They're really easy to put together. Just take each of the biscuits in a roll and flatten them into a circle. Add pizza sauce, 2 black olives (for eyes), and long thin slices of string cheese. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the biscuit is golden brown. Yum!
Mummy Pizzas Recipe
- 1 can of biscuits (8 count)
- 1 14 oz. jar of pizza sauce
- 16 sliced black olives
- 8 mozzarella sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Open the can of biscuits and place one onto a large baking sheet.
- Using your hands, press the biscuit into a flat circle. Repeat this process with the remainder of biscuits.
- Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of pizza sauce onto each flat circle of biscuit dough.
- Add two sliced black olives to each pizza near the top center to create mummy eyes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a mozzarella stick into long, thin slices – varying in length and size. You could also simply pull the string cheese apart for a “stringier” look. Use one mozzarella stick per pizza.
- Once each mummy pizza has all toppings, place them into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Leave a Reply