These Mummy Haystacks are super cute and easy to make for Halloween. They have a nice crunch from the lo mein noodles along with a butterscotch peanut butter flavor. Really, you can use this technique to make most types of cookies into a mummy - can you say Mummy No-Bake cookies?
- 1 package Butterscotch Chips
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Marshmallow Cream
- 1 bag Lo Mein Noodles
- White candy melts
- Candy eyes
- Parchment paper
- Pour the bag of butterscotch chips into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the marshmallow cream and stir well.
- Microwave for 30 seconds more if needed to get it to a smooth texture.
- In a large bowl, pour in the bag of lo mein noodles.
- Pour the butterscotch mixture on top and stir coating onto all of the lo mein noodles.
- Line the counter with parchment paper. Parchment paper is important because it will keep anything from sticking.
- Drop spoonfuls of the haystack mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Working quickly, add two candy eyes to each stack.
- Allow to sit and harden.
- Once the haystacks have set, melt the white candy melts.
- Pour into a plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Make several zig zag motions across the haystacks, creating the mummy look.
- Allow to sit until candy coating has set.