These Mint Oreo M&M Cookie Bars are perfect for holidays like St. Patrick's Day or Christmas where you crave a minty taste.
But, they can also be adapted for everyday use by substituting regular Oreos and M&Ms if you want. Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
First, prep your oven and the baking dish for your cookie bars and then you can add the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to a large bowl and whisk until mixed together.
Add the flour and salt and stir just until it's combined. Add the crushed Mint Oreos as well as the M&M's.
Spoon the batter into the greased pan. Spread it evenly and to the edges of the pan. You can add addition M&M's and crushed Oreo's to the top for presentation.
Bake in a preheated oven for 18-21 minutes or until the center is done. Let cool for about an hour on a wire rack, and the bars will firm up as they cool.
Use a sharp knife to cut into 9 or 12 squares (based on size preference).
Mint Oreo M&M Cookie Bars Recipe
Add some minty fun to these Mint Oreo M&M Cookie Bars with both mint Oreos and green M&M's. They're a perfect treat for St. Patrick's Day or Christmas, or you can substitute with regular M&M's and Oreos for everyday flavor.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 18 Mint Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Green M&M’s (may use original chocolate or mint flavored)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with aluminum foil for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add melted butter (slightly cooled), egg, brown sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt – stirring just until combined.
- Incorporate the crushed Mint Oreos, followed by the M&M’s.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Spread it so it is evenly distributed and reaches the edges of the pan. Optional: To make your cookie bars even more appealing, you may place a few extra M&M’s and crushed Oreo’s strategically on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 18-21 minutes, or until center is done. Allow the bars to cool for 60 minutes on a wire rack. They will firm up as they cool.
- Place the bars on a cutting board and using a sharp knife – cut into either 9 or 12 squares.
Leave a Reply