I love eating salads in the summer. Not only are most ingredients fresh and inexpensive, but you also don't have to heat up the kitchen to make them!
This Mandarin Orange Summer Salad is full of flavor with a mix of greens, oranges, onions, cheese, and almonds and a fresh homemade poppy seed dressing on top.
Mandarin Orange Summer Salad with Honey Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbs of poppy seeds
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of sliced red onions.
- ¼ cup of Sliced almonds
- ½ cup shaved Asiago cheese
- spring salad mix
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a bowl
- Slowly stream the olive oil into the mixture while whisking
Continuously stir in the poppy seeds
- Place the spring mix in a large bowl
- Add chopped Red onions, sliced almonds, and Mandarin Oranges
- Place shaved Asiago cheese on top
- Drizzle the Honey poppy-seed dressing over the top
Leave a Reply