During the summer, it gets really hot in Texas! When I'm hot and thirsty, I love to relax with a cold drink. This limeade recipe is perfect because not only is it cool and tart, but it's also made with agave syrup rather than sugar to make it more health-friendly (although you can use white sugar if you don't feel like using a substitute).
This drink would be perfect for hosting a summer party or just to make up a pitcher for everyday relaxation - your choice!
- 6 Limes
- 4 tbsp agave (or ⅓ cup white sugar}
- 4 c water
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil, add agave and stir until blended
- Let cool.
- Pour into a large pitcher.
- Squeeze the juice out of the 6 limes.
- Pour the lime juice into the pitcher with the agave syrup.
- Add the remaining water.
- Fill the pitcher with ice and stir well.
- Add slices of freshly cut limes for decoration and extra flavor
Check out additional Easy DIY Recipes on "Cents"able Momma