Sometimes either we’ll accidentally leave a beach towel in the car after swimming or a towel just won’t get hung up correctly after a shower. And those towels can really smell bad!
Even after washing them with detergent (sometimes even several times), those towels don’t always end up smelling great.
However, by running sour smelling towels through an extra wash cycle with just 1 cup of distilled white vinegar, you can restore them to smelling nice and fresh.
I have a front-loading washing machine, so I added some towels, added 1 cup of vinegar to the detergent holder, and ran them through a wash cycle with hot water.
When they were finished, they came out smelling much better, and then I ran them through 1 more hot wash cycle with normal detergent and fabric softener and dried them completely on the hot setting in my dryer.
Now, they’re just like new!
- 1 cup vinegar
- Add 1 cup vinegar to the detergent compartment of your washing machine
- Add towels to washing machine
- Run the towels through a washing cycle with just the vinegar.
- Add laundry detergent and fabric softener to your washing machine
- Run the towels through a second washing cycle like normal.