If you're looking for a fun lunch to pack for back-to-school or an after-school snack, you'll love this Ham and Cheese Sushi recipe. It looks just like sushi, but without any raw fish or ingredients that your kids might be too picky to like.
Shredded cheese is cut up to look like rice and carrots and cucumbers are cut up to add color. Plus, just a touch of sour cream on the edge helps keep the sushi roll together.
First, cut up carrots and celery into matchstick size pieces.
Then, dice your shredded cheese into tiny pieces about the size of rice (for the base of the sushi roll).
Lay out a tortilla and sprinkle a layer of cheese on it (for the “rice” base). Then, spread a little sour cream across the top of the tortilla (to help the sushi roll stick closed) and add 4 to 5 pieces of ham in the center of the tortilla on top of the cheese.
Add a layer of carrots, cucumbers, and cabbage on top of the ham.
Tightly roll up the tortilla and make sure the sour cream edge is pressed securely to keep the roll tight. Slice the tortilla roll into pieces about 1 and a half inches wide and set it on a plate on it side to look like sushi.
- 9 oz. Thin Smoked Ham
- 1 Pkg. Spinach Tortillas
- 1-2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- ½ -1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1-2 Small Pickle Cucumbers
- ½ -1 Cup Carrots
- ½ -1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- Cut up the carrots and cucumbers into matchstick size pieces.
- Dice the cheese up into tiny pieces about the size of rice.
- Lay out a tortilla and sprinkle a layer of cheese over it. (this represents the “rice”).
- Spread a little sour cream across the top edge of the tortilla, and place 4- 5 pieces of folded ham down the center on top of the cheese.
- Next, add a layer of carrots, cucumbers, and cabbage on top of the meat.
- Tightly roll up the tortilla and make sure the sour cream edge is pressed securely so it doesn’t unroll.
- Slice into pieces about 1 ½ inches wide and set on a plate to resemble sushi.
- Have a fun lunch or snack for the kids!