Sometimes we're just so busy that need an easy dinner. However, just because it's easy doesn't mean that it can't be good. These Ham & Cheese Stromboli's are a step up from the normal sandwiches we usually serve when everyone's on their own for dinner. I love the combo of warm ham, melted cheese, and fresh from the oven french bread!
- 1 tube refrigerated crusty French loaf (Pillsbury makes a good one)
- 6 oz thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 sliced green onions
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 6 oz. Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll French loaf onto a greased baking sheet.
- Place ham all over, leaving ½ inch of an edge.
- Place Swiss cheese on top of ham and sprinkle with green onions and bacon (optional).
- Roll up the dough jellyroll style and seal the ends by tucking them under.
- Make several ¼ inch deep slits in the dough and place on baking pan seam side down.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving and serve warm.