Some of my favorite ornaments on our tree are homemade (especially by our kids). Each ornament has a lot of memories in it. I love these DIY Snowman Ornaments because they are cute and easy to make. You could make them as a craft with the kids for your own tree, or you could make them as small gifts for others.
First, you'll want to buy some clear glass ornament balls. You can usually find them at your local craft store. Remove top of ornament and pour in some faux snow (which you can find with the seasonal items at Dollar Tree) using a small funnel. Replace the top of the ornament.
With a small paint brush, dot on the eyes and mouth of the snowman with black acrylic paint. Then make a sideways triangle in orange acrylic paint for the nose. Let it dry fully.
- 1 clear plastic or glass ornament
- 1 bag of faux snow
- ½ teaspoon acrylic black paint
- ½ teaspoon orange acrylic paint
- Small paint brush
- Remove top of ornament.
- Using a small funnel, pour in the faux snow.
- Replace the top.
- With the small paint brush, dot on the eyes and mouth of the snowman with black acrylic paint.
- Then make a sideways triangle in orange acrylic paint for the nose.
- Let dry.