During the summer especially, I love to eat salads for lunch – probably because during the summer vegetables are at their freshest! This BLT Orzo salad combines the fresh greens of arugula with bacon, grape tomatoes, and pasta. It's topped with a balsamic vinaigrette for additional taste.
- 2 cups of orzo, cooked per package
- 4 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cup of arugula, roughly chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons of shaved parmesan cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese (I used parmesan)
- 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, add in all the ingredients
- Gently fold it together.
- Add in additional balsamic vinaigrette, if desired.