Birthday Cake Ice Cream is one of my boys' favorite treats! I mean, it's a combination of both birthday cake and ice cream with sprinkles, so what's there not to like?
And no need to worry if you don't have an ice cream maker, since this is a no-churn formula that you can just mix up and freeze.
Plus, you can use a pre-made birthday cake from the store, so you don't even have o bake if you don't want to. Super easy and delicious.
What does No Churn Ice Cream Mean?
No churn means that you don't need an ice cream machine to make this ice cream yourself. You just mix up the ingredients using the directions and freeze for at least six hours for a delicious cream ice cream treat.
How does No Churn Ice Cream Work?
When you whip the heavy whipping cream into stiff peaks, you incorporate air into the mixture the same as an ice cream machine would do. The sweetened condensed milk adds sugar and a sweetness without a lot of moisture, which would cause the ice cream to get icy.
If you decide that no-churn ice cream is not for you, can always buy an inexpensive ice cream maker so that you can make your own churned ice cream.
Place a purchased birthday cake in the freezer overnight (or you can bake and frost one yourself if you prefer. Then, cut the frozen cake into roughly ½ - 1" cubes.
In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in the condensed milk and vanilla.
Add the cake cubes and half of the sprinkles to the mixture and gently fold to distribute. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and distribute the remaining sprinkles over the top of the ice cream mixture.
Place in your freezer for 6 hours before serving.
- 2 cup cold Heavy Cream
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3" x 6" chunk of Birthday Cake
- 2 tablespoon Rainbow Sprinkles
- Place birthday cake in freezer overnight.
- Cut cake into roughly ½ - 1" cubes.
- In a large bowl, whip cream on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in condensed milk and vanilla.
- Add cake cubes and half of sprinkles to mixture and gently fold to distribute.
- Pour into a loaf pan.
- Distribute remaining sprinkles over top of ice cream mixture.
- Place in freezer for 6 hours.