We usually make this Cheese Potatoes recipe at Christmas with ham, but if you're not in the mood for mashed potatoes with your turkey, this is a nice recipe that can be prepared ahead of time and slipped into the oven before dinner.
- 1 bag frozen shredded potatoes or 6 med. boiled potatoes and refrigerate overnight
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- Peel and grate potatoes (or use frozen shredded potatoes).
- Grate cheese (or use shredded cheese).
- Melt cheese and butter (or margarine) on stove.
- Add sour cream, green onions, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add potatoes and mix well.
- Spread in a 9x11" pan
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Checkout more of my Thrifty Thanksgiving Recipes.