The Star Wars mania has begun! This December, the newest Star Wars movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be released in theaters, and tomorrow the newest Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys will be available to buy.
With all the excitement, there are lots of fun ideas for Star Wars parties, including these Star Wars Storm Trooper cupcakes. They're super easy to make, but no one has to know that!
If you don't feel like decorating the marshmallows with frosting, you can also use Edible Markers to draw the Storm Troopers faces. You can also use this Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus set to decorate the cupcakes.
- Box cake mix or your favorite homemade cake recipe
- White Buttercream Frosting
- Black Wilton Frosting or a Food Grade Marker in Black
- Mix your cake mix as directed or us your favorite homemade cake recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Line your cupcake tin with cupcakes holders and set aside.
- Spoon the cake batter into the cupcake liners (filling about ½ way each)
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, and then frost.
- While the cupcakes are cooling prepare your storm troopers (marshmallows).
- After testing these I found it was much easier to make the faces with the black food grade marker.
- First add a line across the top, and then make two triangles for the eyes.
- Add the mouth and breathing lines off to the side to complete your Storm Trooper.
- Generously frost each cupcake
- Carefully add your Storm Troopers in the center of the cupcake.