Last week was a long week with 2 separate ice storms that led to two cancelled days of school and a full weekend of sports and activities cancelled. I was starting to go stir-crazy from being inside so much!
So, Saturday afternoon we were bundled up outside talking with our neighbors while the kids were having a snowball fight on the playground. My neighbor asked what we were having for dinner (which was tacos), and she said that's what they were having too.
So, we came up with the plan for us to bring our tacos over to their house. We combined our collective food and ate while watching a movie. Then, we started a game of Double 15 Mexican train dominoes. Two hours later, it was time to bring the kids home for bed.
But, for no more than our normal cost of dinner, we had a Family Game Night filled with fun and friends.
Tips for a fun Family Game Night:
- It doesn't have to be just family: Although it's fun to play games with just our family of 4, it's fun to switch it up a bit and include friends in our Family Game Night
- Keep it Casual: You don't have to clean for hours and prepare an elaborate meal. Just go with the moment and allow for spontaneous family game fun
- Have a variety of Games: Unless you specifically agree to get together to play a certain game, it's nice to have a couple of choices available – majority wins!
- Keep Snacks and Drinks on hand: Everything is more fun with snacks…enough said!
- Add some Tunes: Our neighbors had 80's hits playing in the background which led to some reminiscing
Do you have family game nights?
Check out my Pinterest board for additional great money-saving tips!
Follow “Cents”able Momma's board Save Money on Pinterest.