The days after Christmas are a great time to stock up on the items that you need for next year. I very rarely purchase any Christmas items (like wrapping paper, labels, cards, etc) before Christmas. I usually stock up in the after-Christmas sales.
So, take a second and take inventory of your supplies to see if you need any items for next year. I just checked, and I think I'm still good for next Christmas (and possibly the one after that!).
Here are some items to stock up on after the holidays:
- Christmas items -wrapping paper, gift labels, Christmas cards, Christmas decorations, etc. I usually try to buy some neutral Christmas paper that can be used for a birthday in a pinch as well as some fun Christmas paper.
- Everyday Items in Christmas Packaging – One of my favorite parts of the Christmas clearance is finding deals on items that I can use throughout the year that are clearanced just because they are in Christmas packaging. One example is the solid red and green plastic plates I've picked up the last 2 years that we use when we go camping.
- Christmas Specialty Items – Places like Yankee Candle usually have a sale after Christmas on items such as candles that are usually Christmas scents – like Christmas cookies, etc. Or, we've gotten really good deals on Hickory Farms gift baskets after Christmas.
- Clearanced toys – The after-Christmas sales are a great time to stock up on birthday presents for all the birthday parties your kids are invited to throughout the year. You can get some great deals on toys (and their friends will never know how little you paid).
- Sales for spending your gift cards – If you received gift cards for Christmas, many of the stores have sales to entice you to go in and spend them now (they can't claim the gift card money as income until the money has been used to purchase an item).
What do you usually buy after-Christmas?