Easily create this delicious Patriotic Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Sandwiches recipe with store-bought sugar cookie slice and bake cookie dough and icing. You can roll the sandwiches in red, white, and blue sprinkles for a fun patriotic touch for a Memorial Day or the 4th of July party. Plus, check out over 10+ best Patriotic foods for a party to help you celebrate.
Cookies, frosting, and sprinkles? You can't go wrong with any of these, and when you mix them together, you get an amazingly delicious combination in these Patriotic Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Sandwiches. You can use red, white and blue sprinkles to make them patriotic (or substitute the sprinkle colors for other holidays).
These cookies are super easy to create since the base cookie is made with premade sugar cookie dough (although you can substitute with your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe).
Preheat your oven according to the baking instructions on the cookie dough package. Roll the sugar cookie dough into 1 inch balls (unless pre-cut) and place on the baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes. Pull the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on the sop of each cookie and gently press into the cookie. Bake an additional 2 - 5 minutes, until the edges are golden. Let the cookies cool.
Place a generous amount of vanilla icing on the bottom side of one cookie, and then sandwich it together with another cookie on top.
Finally, roll the cookie through your sprinkles, making sure to cover all icing with sprinkles.
- 1 roll or container of Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 small bag of Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 container of Vanilla Icing
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Preheat oven according to baking instructions on cookie dough.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (unless pre-cut) and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Pull from oven and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on the sop of each cookie and gently press into cookie.
- Bake an additional 2 - 5 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Let cool.
- Place a generous amount of vanilla icing on the bottom side of one cookie, and then sandwich together with another cookie on top.
- Finally roll the cookie through your sprinkles, making sure to cover all icing with sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!