Along with saving money, I always keep my eye out for ways that I can earn a little extra money also. One of my favorite way to earn extra gift cards is through MyPoints.
There are several companies that will pay you to read your e-mails. One of my favorite paid e-mail companies is My Points.
What is MyPoints?
Basically, MyPoints is a rewards company where you earn points for various activities (see below). You usually need about 1500-1600 points to earn a $10 gift card from stores such as Amazon, BP, CVS/Pharmacy, iTunes, Kohls, Shell, Panera Bread, and many more. I usually qualify for several $10 gift cards per year.
How Do You Earn Money with MyPoints?
- Read e-mails – 5 points just for clicking on the periodic e-mails that MyPoints sends
- Surveys – 10 points if you don’t qualify, 50+ points if you do qualify
- Offers – some of the e-mails include offers…like sign up for such and such and earn x points – depending on what it is, I don’t usually sign up
- Games – you can earn points when you play their games – I’ve never done this
- Shopping – you can earn points when you shop through the MyPoints site – I’ve never done this, because using the cash-back sites seems a better deal.
How Do You Join?
- Visit MyPoints and register
- You will receive an e-mail from MyPoints. Click to validate your e-mail address and you're ready to go.
If you want to avoid extra e-mail in your personal account, just create a new e-mail address just for offers like this (or create a filter in Outlook or Gmail so the e-mails go to their own folder). I usually get a couple of e-mails per day.
Check out my list of additional ways to earn some extra money.