Along with saving money, I always keep my eye out for ways that I can earn a little extra money also. Over the next couple of weeks, plan on introducing you to some of my favorite methods.
There are several companies that will pay you to read your e-mails. One of my favorite paid e-mail companies is My Points.
What is MyPoints?
Basically, MyPoints is a rewards company where you earn points for various activities (see below). You usually need about 1500-1600 points to earn a $10 gift card from stores such as Amazon, BP, CVS/Pharmacy, iTunes, Kohls, Shell, Panera Bread, and many more. I usually qualify for several $10 gift cards per year.
How Do You Earn Money with MyPoints?
- Read e-mails – 5 points just for clicking on the periodic e-mails that MyPoints sends
- Surveys – 10 points if you don’t qualify, 50+ points if you do qualify
- Offers – some of the e-mails include offers…like sign up for such and such and earn x points – depending on what it is, I don’t usually sign up
- Games – you can earn points when you play their games – I’ve never done this
- Shopping – you can earn points when you shop through the MyPoints site – I’ve never done this, because using the cash-back sites seems a better deal.
How Do You Join?
- Visit MyPoints and register
- You will receive an e-mail from MyPoints. Click to validate your e-mail address and you're ready to go.
If you want to avoid extra e-mail in your personal account, just create a new e-mail address just for offers like this (or create a filter in Outlook or Gmail so the e-mails go to their own folder). I usually get a couple of e-mails per day.
Are you a member of MyPoints? How do you like the program? What's your favorite way to earn gift cards with MyPoints?