My kids are always begging me to buy Lunchables for them. However, it always seems like there's at least one item in the box that they don't like and would get wasted.
That's why I love these DIY Mason Jar Lunchables. You can create your own homemade lunch pack using only the ingredients you want and you can adjust them based on any allergies (like gluten or dairy).
These are the perfect mason jar snack hack!
All you need is a half-pint wide mouth mason jar, lid, and empty applesauce container. Then add any meat or dairy ingredients into the jar and the crackers into the clean applesauce container (to keep them separate so they won't get soggy).
It all fits together with the mason jar lid and you can store them in a cooler or lunch box with an ice pack along with fruit and veggie sides and any additional snacks.
- Deli meat, cut into 4 quarters
- Sliced cheese, cut into 4 quarters
- Half-pint wide mouth mason jars + lids
- Empty applesauce containers (4 oz), washed clean
- Place desired number of deli meat quarters in the mason jar followed by sliced cheese quarters on top.
- Place desired number of crackers in the clean empty applesauce cup.
- Place the flat piece of the mason jar lid on top. Turn it upside down and place on the mason jar.
- Place the band over the top of the applesauce container and screw it onto the mason jar.