- UPromise – I've saved about $1530 to date for when my sons attend college. I love this program! Click here to see more info about this free program. When you sign up, make sure you add your store loyalty cards and credit cards to ensure you don't miss any earnings.
- Swagbucks – I've earned about $550 in gift cards so far from Swagbucks. Earn gift cards just for searching the internet. Click here for more info.
- MyPoints – I've earned gas cards and Panera Bread gift cards just for clicking through their e-mails and taking surveys. There are many more gift cards available.
- Cash Back sites – Earn money back when you purchase items on the internet
- Prescription Transfer Gift Cards – I try to use one of these whenever I have a prescription to either earn or save money on prescription copays.
- YouData – Earn money each week for viewing ads on the internet. You won't earn a whole lot, but it's quick and easy and they pay weekly with no minimums.
I read about a mystery shopping company called GfK Mystery Shopping. I decided to sign up, even though I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, since I had two young kids at home with me most of the time. How would I be able to pay attention with the kids tagging along? However, I didn't realize that I would be able to complete many assignments in the evenings or weekends.
I was accepted into the program and I have done 2 mystery shops for them already. I was just paid for the first shop I did yesterday by Paypal. The shops were fairly easy to complete, and it was easy to add my results online and upload my receipt.
Carrie @ Money Saving Methods also has a lot of great posts about mystery shopping companies that she has signed up with. I just signed up with ICCDS Inc. last week, and I've already completed one assignment for them. They immediately sent me offers for a couple more assignments, but I didn't have the time to complete them…plus they were rather far to drive.
So, if you either have no kids, have kids in school during the day, or have a husband who's willing for you to do a few assignments in the evenings and weekends, mystery shopping can be a great way to earn some extra money.
Just a note: You are an independent contractor, so any money you earn will be like self-employment income. Make sure you keep all your purchase receipts and keep track of mileage in a central spot, so you can claim expenses against your income when it comes tax time next year.
How do you earn some extra money?