Visit the Prescription Coupon Update to see what coupons are currently valid.
Stores vary in their acceptance policies. Many times the coupon has to be for a true competitor in the local area with a pharmacy (i.e. if you don’t have a local Rite Aid, they might not accept a Rite Aid coupon).
- Walgreens stated in the 3/18/12 insert that they will match competitor prescription coupons. Check their policy for restrictions on state or federally funded healthcare and states that are not valied.
- Meijer will honor competitor prescription coupons, but will only offer up to $10.
- Some CVS stores will accept competitor prescription coupons. Plus you earn $1 ECB’s for every 2 prescriptions filled at CVS.
- Kmart will accept competitor coupons – call your local store…some readers are reporting that their local Kmart will not accept competitor coupons.
- Other pharmacies that accept competitor coupons are Osco Drug, Fry’s Food Stores and even some Walgreen’s will do so but they are few and far between. Just remember to call ahead and ask to ensure that they will take your coupon before you fill your prescription. Thanks to Kathy for the tip!
- Shopko will honor local competitors’ prescription coupons and add $2.00. Thanks to Rita for the tip!
- Publix will accept competitor coupons.
- Giant Eagle and some Krogers will also accept competitor coupons.
Dominick’s no longer accepts competitor coupons (as of May 2009). Thanks Couponing for 4 for letting me know!
Other Prescription Info
- Meijer offers free prenatal vitamins and antibiotics – click here for more details . They are also now offering free Metformin Immediate Release in 500 mg, 850 mg, and 1000 mg strengths. Up to 100 tablets per fill.
- Giant Eagle offers free antibiotics – click here for more details.
- Basha’s Food Stores also have the free prenatal vitamin program – thanks Kathy!
- Yoke’s Fresh Markets also have the free prenatal vitamins and free fluoride supplements for kid – thanks Kathleen!
- Publix offers free antibiotics
Have you found any other prescription coupons that I missed? Do you know of any pharmacies that accept competitor coupons that I should add to my list?