It seems like we never have enough time before busy school mornings to get everything done. However, even though I may not have much time, it’s still important that my kids (and myself) eat a healthy breakfast before school.
This Banana Bread Waffles recipe is not only delicious, but it includes bananas to help your kids get their servings of fruit. It’s perfect to make ahead for breakfast since the waffles can be refrigerated up to 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- 2 Ripe bananas, smashed
- 1 ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsps sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup peanut butter
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- ½ Tsp baking soda
- 1 Egg
- ¾ Cup milk
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- ½ Cup walnuts
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, peanut butter, and ripe bananas into a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Add the egg, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract, and blend until the batter is uniform and everything is well incorporated.
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Add ½ cup of batter into the waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Serve and garnish with slices of banana and walnuts.