Update: And the winner is…Michele. I have sent the winner an e-mail, and he or she has 48 hours to respond with contact information or I’ll have to choose another winner. Thanks to everyone who entered!
This month, General Mills is celebrating its fifth year of hope with the 2011 Pink Together campaign.
Not only are they turning the packaging of participating products pink in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness month, but they are also donating $1 to the Komen Organization for each Message of Hope that is sent on PinkTogether.com in October (up to $25,000). This is in addition to a $2 million donation General Mills is making to the Komen organization.
For the first time, reader can choose how $1 million of the donation will be shared between two Komen programs: the Treatment and Assistance Program, which assists women in securing care they otherwise may not be able to afford, and Prevention Research, which helps unlock the keys to preventing breast cancer. Visit PinkTogether.com from September 19, 2011 through April 14, 2012 to make your choice. Results will be announced on Mother´s Day 2012 – Sunday, May 13.
The PinkTogether site is a unique online community of people who have been touched by breast cancer and share a passion for the cause. It is a place to share your personal story and messages of hope and read about others´ personal journeys. You can meet the 2011 Pink Together Survivor Ambassadors and hear their amazing stories of courage and survival
General Mills through MyBlogSpark has offered to give one (1) lucky reader a Pink Together prize pack including:
- A 16 oz. box of Total cereal
- VIP coupons valid for one box of Cheerios and Multigrain Cheerios cereal and one cup of Yoplait yogurt
- Betty Crocker Living with Cancer Cookbook Pink Together Edition, which includes a collection of more than 150 delicious recipes with complete nutrition information and a 32-page Pink Together Survivor Ambassador bonus section that shares inspirational personal stories of survival as well as recipes
- Water bottle and removable silicone awareness bracelet
- Drawstring sport backpack
- Rhinestone ear buds
You must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. resident to win.
1. What do you find most inspiring about the Pink Together community? Leave a comment on this post.
3. Follow Pink Together through Facebook and leave a comment on this post.
You have until Tuesday (10/10) at 11:59 pm ET to enter the giveaway. I will choose a winner at random using the “And the Winner Is…” plugin, and send the winner an e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to respond with his/her contact information or I will have to choose another winner. After the giveaway is over, I will update the winner’s information (first name and last initial) on the top of this post.
Disclosure: The Pink Together prize pack, information and coupons have been provided free of charge by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. I did not receive any compensation to write this post. The opinions are all mine!