I have recently had several readers ask about the coupon database feature of my site, so I thought I would do a brief tutorial about how it works:
What is the Coupon Database?
Do you ever wonder if there is a coupon available for a product you wish to purchase? The coupon database is the place to search for available, current coupons. It lists coupons from the weekly newspaper coupon inserts as well as the links to printable coupons and more.
The database is the perfect resource for couponers who don’t have time to cut out their insert coupons. They can search for an item, such as mustard, to find out which insert the coupon is located to cut it out. Or, if there is a printable coupon available, they can click on the link and print out the coupon.
How to Find the Coupon Database?
- In the navbar under the header, click on Coupons and choose Coupon Database
- The coupon database will pop up
The database has many features that will help you find the current insert coupons that have not yet expired as well as the link to printable coupons and additional “special” coupons such as those found in magazines, store specific coupons, and more.
How it Works
- Type a brand or type of item in the “Search” box and click the Search button
- You should see a list of available coupons
What Each Column Means
- Description – this gives an idea of what products are listed on the coupon
- Values – the value of the coupon (such as $1/1 – which means $1 off 1 item)
- Expiration – the expiration date of the coupon. It usually varies for printable coupons, since the date is usually fixed based on when you printed the coupon
- Source – where the coupon can be found
- Printable Coupons – click on the link to be taken to the site that hosts the coupon
- Newspaper Insert Coupons – both the date and the insert (like SS – Smart Source, P&G – Procter & Gamble, or RP – Red Plum)
- Limitations – this is where any size or value restrictions would be listed
- Store – if the coupon is store-specific (like Rite Aid Video Value coupons), the store is listed in this column
Hope that helps…if you have any additional questions about the coupon database feature on my site, leave a comment, and I’ll try to answer there!